|Type of Pictograph||
|Community Wayfinding||Bike Route Marker (M1-8a)|
|Advance Guide||Exit Direction||Supplemental Guide||Political Boundary||Program Information||Travel Info-51||Acknowledgement||Destination||Street Name||Political Boundary||Park-Ride||Travel Info-511||Acknowledgement|
|Military Branch 1|
|College / University 2|
|Travel Info Program|
|Government Agency 5|
|Auto Tour Route|
1. Military branch pictographs on Destination, Advance Guide, and Exit Direction signs are for direct access to military facilities.
The pictograph used shall be for the branch of service and not an individual representation for a specific base, or installation, or other facility.
2. College and University pictographs shall be the official seal adopted by the educational institution. Pictorial representations of college and university programs are not permitted.
3. Community pictographs represent incorporated or unincorporated named communities that are identifiable at a local or regional level.
They may include such areas as business districts, historic districts, named neighborhoods, and planned residential or commercial subdivisions.
4. Transit pictographs on Destination, Advance Guide, and Exit Direction signs are for direct access to transit facilities.
The pictograph used shall be that identified with the transit service and not an individual representation for a specific facility or transit route.
5. Government agency pictographs shall be limited to Federal or Sate level government entities only.
6. Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) pictographs are for use to indicate that a specific ETC system transponder or other non-contact device is required for travel to the destination or facility displayed on the sign. The major guide signs on which the ETC pictographs are displayed shall service only the destination or facility to which the ETC system applies.
United States Department of Transportation - Federal Highway Administration